Uweb browser: unlimited power
Uweb browser: downloads, plugins and tips
(Mirrors: gitlab codeberg repo 4everland fleek netlify surge bitbucket pages vercel render)
- Customizable: user-defined menus, (new) buttons and gestures for user agents, bookmarklets, url services, shell commands, internal functionality links and text processing etc.
- Convenient: Any book (pdf/djvu)/dictionary (mdict)/txt/command line/app/webapp (web extensions) can be search engine.
- Tiny: less than 200k.
- Fast: run fast, even with thousands of user provided css/scripts/htmls.
- Efficient: less touches, one click to reach any number of search engines without repeated input; automate online services.
- URL bar command line support ("!" and .js file as command).
- Site-specific JS/CSS/HTML/preprocessing.
- Online play/preview/preprocess for downloadable resources.
- Multiple type profiles: switch any data including website logins, user configurations orthogonally.
- Supports enhanced user "hosts" file. Empty IP address to lift all server-imposed limitations.
Custom paper size PDF export and long vector screenshot, TTS, text reflow, resource sniffer, translation, reader's mode, user-defined url redirection, webdav/http backup & restore, auto next page, sending/receiving msg/file(s), site config (UA, no JS, no image, no 3rd party script/resource,active script, global scripts), http(s)/socks proxy, enabling html5 apps for local files (pdf/djvu/epub viewer, mdict dictionary lookup etc.).
- Bookmarklets (works for CSP sites and with option to auto apply to similar sites)
- AD blocking (block whole root domain trees etc.)
- Customization (define extra menus/buttons/gestures with user-defined functionalities)
- Serverless local sites: PWA-kind web extension (chrome .crx & firefox .xpi) support.
- Piping between console and uweb tabs.
- Resizable floating video support.
Help with localization
We encourage everyone to help with localization. The following is how to do.
- Fork this repository
- Copy res/values/strings.xml to path like res/values-%(lang)/, replace %(lang) with the ISO 639-1 language code.
- Translate res/values-%(lang)/strings.xml
- Translate assets/help_%(lang).html from assets/help_en.html
- Make a Pull Request
Last Modified: 13 June 2023